The Connecticut Department of Labor recently announced a new series of seminars for employers on a variety of the "basics" of Connecticut employment law. They will be held on :
- November 13, 2009 – Introduction to Employment Law
- December 11, 2009 – Complying with Connecticut Drug Testing Laws
- January 8, 2010 – Complying with Connecticut’s Family & Medical Leave Act
- February 5, 2010 – The Essentials of Connecticut Wage and Hour Law
- March 12, 2010 – Unemployment Insurance 101
The cost of each seminar is just $25 and the programs run for about 2 hours. You can find all the details and register at the Department’s website here.
Kudos to the DOL to providing a low-cost service to employers to educate them on some of the basics of employment law.