Employers in Connecticut have less than two months to get ready before the new Paid Sick Leave law goes into effect. If only that were the only new development.
A few months ago, my firm held a sold-out seminar to address these new developments and much more. Because of overwhelming demand, we are putting on that complimentary program again on December 1, 2011 in Norwalk, CT. Space and attendance is limited.
For more information, contact my firm at (203) 330-2059 or via e-mail at email@example.com and someone will get back to you. This program is geared to private employers, their in-house counsel, and HR representatives so keep that in mind.
In addition to the educational component, we have two excellent speakers as well: Chris Bruhl, President and CEO of the Business Council of Fairfield County, will be the breakfast speaker and Deputy Labor Commissioner Dennis Murphy will be our lunch speaker.
Here are the particulars:
Location: Doubletree Hilton Norwalk, 789 Connecticut Avenue, Norwalk, CT 06103, (203) 853-3477
Date/Time: December 1st from 8:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- 8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. – Registration and Continental Breakfast
- 8:30 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. – Welcome and Plenary Speaker: Chris Bruhl, President and CEO of the Business Council of Fairfield County
- 9:00 a.m. – 9:45 a.m. – Everything You Need to Know About Developments from the Last Year including Paid Sick Leave
- 9:50 a.m. -10:45 a.m. – The Two Worker Classification Issues Every Employer Must Address and Steps to Deal with the Department of Labor
- 10:50 a.m. – 11:40 am. – Papers, Please: Are Your Documents In Order? (including Restrictive Covenants, FMLA Certifications, Immigration Issues and other tricky document issues)
- 11:45 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. – To Friend or Not to Friend: Technology and the Workplace, including Social Media
- 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. – Lunch and Keynote Speaker: Dennis Murphy, Deputy Commissioner, Connecticut Department of Labor