This afternoon, the CHRO will present its first annual Leaders and Legends Awards ceremony. I’ll be there.
But more than that, I have the honor of presenting one of the six awards (you’ll just have to come to find out which one).
The Awards, which are dedicated to the late David S. Stowe, a civil rights advocate and activist who passed away this year, will be held from 3-5p at the State Capitol. The six awards are as follows:
- The Alvin W. Penn Award for Excellence in Leadership – Senator Eric Coleman
- The Katharine Hepburn Award for Using Media as a Platform for Social Change – The Artists Collective, Inc.
- The Constance Baker Motley Award for Excellence in Business or Law – Karen DeMeola
- The Maria Colon Sanchez Award for Community Activism – Michelle Duprey
- The Edythe J. Gaines Award for Inclusive Education – Darryl Burke
- The Mario and Janet Vigezzi Award for Social Justice – Eleanor Caplan
The event is free and open to the public and, even better, light refreshments will be served. Unfortunately, I’ve learned that the event has reached its capacity!
Congratulations to all the award winners and I look forward to seeing you all then.