A few posts this week caught my eye:
- First, the HR Carnival has a great post this week about various HR issues, including how to train managers better. And, best yet, you’ll find a link back to this blog. Thanks to the writers of the Carnival for the reference.
- Kris Dunn, over at HR Captialist, has an interesting post about how HR professionals can help their companies keep benefit costs down. As Kris says, "If You Don’t Have a Meaningful Answer to this Question From Your CEO, Update Your Resume…"
- Evil HR Lady, has an informative post as to how employers can prepare for terminations and how to educate managers about the right ways to do so.
- Workplace Horizons has been right on top of the Congress’ consideration of ENDA, the Employment Non-Discrimination Act. Near daily updates about the rumors of various amendments have been going up and its a useful site to keep track of certain pieces of legislation.
- And finally, The Employment Blawg has been posting a series of hypotheticals on different workplace situations including violence, workplace and overtime. As stated on the blog "Read Trucks and Guns: An Employment Law Fable, Part I (Overtime for Truck Drivers) for the whole story. . . . It ends with an HR manager getting shot by the driver (just hypothetically)."