The Connecticut Department of Labor is renewing its breakfast series for employers next month with a timely presentation on the difference between independent contractors and employees.
Carl Guzzardi, U.C. Director of Accounts for the U.I. Tax Division, and Resa Spaziani, Field Supervisor for the Wage & Workplace Standards Division from the CT Labor Department are scheduled to conduct this seminar.
Among the topics that they plan to cover:
- What is worker misclassification?
- How does DOL determine proper classification; employee or contractor? ABC Test.
- Traditional misclassification investigations
- Formation of Joint Enforcement Commission on Employee Misclassification
- Highlights of Public Act 08-156; actions of JEC
- Stop Work Authority
The cost is just $25. It is scheduled for October 29th from 8-11 a.m. at the Department of Labor headquarters in Wethersfield.
. And directions can be