A few weeks ago, I posted a "Save the Date" for a half-day seminar that my firm’s Labor & Employment Law Department and teased that we had some great things lined up. Today I get to share the exciting information and write to encourage you to sign up quickly as we expect this to fill up quickly.
The labor & employment seminar, titled "Meeting Today’s Employment Law Challenges: Practical Solutions to Complex Workplace Problems" is now set for May 20, 2011 from 8-1:30 p.m. at the Hartford Club.
First, the headlines:
- U.S. Congressman Joseph Courtney will be our breakfast speaker.
- Deputy Labor Commissioner Dennis Murphy will be our featured lunch speaker
- This half-day program is free to all attendees and will feature complimentary breakfast and lunch as well.
If that isn’t enough of a reason to attend, here are some additional details on the rest of the morning.
The day will include four sessions by Pullman & Comley attorneys who will offer practical, real-world answers to the myriad labor and employment law issues facing Connecticut businesses.
Among the topics:
- Drowning in a Sea of Paperwork: Are Your Documents in Order (Hiring, Restrictive Covenants, FMLA, I-9s and Immigration, etc.)
- Highlights from Court Decisions and Key Legislative Developments Over the Last Year
- "To Friend or Not to Friend": Technology and the Workplace
- Five Wage & Hour Issues Every Workplace Must Know
Registration and breakfast is from 8:00 a.m. – 8:30 a.m., presentations are from 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m, and lunch with keynote speaker is from 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
This presentation is several months in the making and as one of the organizers of the event, I’m excited about the lineup. I hope you are too and I look forward to seeing many of you there. Again, space is limited so be sure to RSVP as soon as possible.