Today, I’ll be moderating a community forum at my firm, Shipman & Goodwin LLP, entitled “Gotta Have Faith? Religion in the Workplace”. In this presentation, which is free and open to the public, we’ll talk about the latest legal developments, define what an employer’s obligations to provide accommodations are, address best practices for employers to follow, and share insights into what issues are likely to develop over the next few years. There will be a Q&A following this panel discussion.
We have a terrific panel lined up of:
- Steven Sheinberg, General Counsel, Anti-Defamation League
- Cheryl Sharp, Deputy Director, Connecticut Commission on Human Rights and Opportunities
- Gabe Jiran, Partner, Shipman & Goodwin LLP
It starts at 4 p.m. at our Hartford office. For full details, you can view them on Shipman & Goodwin’s website here.
The discussion is part of a our continuing “In Community” forum series, which has produced presentations focusing on a variety of issues facing our workforce and community. Other titles have included:
- Working With the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Population: A Case Study Under the ADA
- Race and Cultural Identity in the Working Environment
- Understanding Gender Identity and Expression and Its Impact in the Workplace
- Understanding Islam
- “Not for Sale” – Combating Child Trafficking and Exploitation
We look forward to seeing you there this afternoon.